Saturday, November 1, 2008

Drawing and Physics Games

During Spring quarter, I was hooked on an online erector-set type game called Armadillo Run. E-dog saw me playing and asked if I had tried Magic Pen. I hadn't, so he showed me the website, and I think Magic Pen does a better job of allowing for creativity. It can also be run from the internet, instead of having to download a file to play.

I think these games would be great for 4th grade and up in terms of building problem solving skills. Armadillo Run adds budgeting to the equation, as you only have a set amount of money to spend on materials each round, and the over-arching goal is to finish each round while saving as much money as possible.

Here are links to the three games I mentioned above. Magic Pen is playable from any web browser, but Line Rider and Armadillo Run require you to download the demo in order to play.

Magic Pen
Line Rider
Armadillo Run

1 comment:

Mrs. M said...

My boys LOVE line rider. I will have to check out the other ones now too. They love showing me their creations, and of course, Youtube is littered with elaborate Line rider creations that they love to watch and attempt to imitate.
I have never thought of this as being educational. I need to think more out of the box.