Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Community Building


Hey all,
I know, I know I feel as if this subject has been talked about more times then not but I feel as if we need to address this issue again within our cohort. What can we do to build community instead of tearing each other down? How can we show patience, and care about others when we are all stressed out to the max? How can we relax and just enjoy each others company? I feel as if we all really need to look at ourselves and start there. I know that sometimes I get exasperated with questions and such but most of the time I realize later that whoever asked the question actually clarified the assignment for me. I know that sometimes I need to just relax and let things roll off my back, because I can take criticism to seriously, even if it is helpful, I still have a hard time with it. I think that we all need to remember that EVERYONE has something going on besides school, whether that be family, traveling, illnesses, etc... We need to realize that school is just a part of people's life not all of it. Why can we not just get along and respect each other's differences. We all need to look on the inside and ask us what really is bothering us and try to help other people understand what is going on as well as just taking a deep breath!

On a lighter note here is one of my pictures from Alaska! Lots of rain and clouds, but absolutely worth going up there, just incredible scenery!

1 comment:

12RedRoses4U said...

I vote we all take a week off in Alaska to relax.